“writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. we are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. it's like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea. you can't stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of the people who are together on that ship.”
- anne lamott


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Knight favorite quote


Arthur: Do you love him?
Guinevere: Yes.
Arthur: How did I fail you?
Guinevere: You've never failed me, My Lord.
Arthur: I saw your face as you kissed him.
Guinevere: Love has many faces. I look on you differently, but not with less love.
Arthur: When a woman loves two men, she must choose between them.
Guinevere: I choose you.
Arthur:Your will chooses me. Your heart chooses him.
Guinevere: My will is stronger than my heart. Do you think I put so high a price on my feelings? They'll pass. My will holds me to my course through life.
Arthur: As mine does me, and yet, all I have to do is look at you and everything I ever believed in fades to nothing. All I want is your love.
Guinevere: You have it.
Arthur: Do I? Then look on me as you looked on him.
Guinevere: I gave one moment to Lancelot.
Arthur: Yes, you're innocent. But you love him! Any more of this innocence and I'll go mad.
Guinevere: I'll do whatever you tell me to.
Arthur: I don't know what to think. I no longer see my way ahead. Only fools dream of the one thing they can't have.
Guinevere: Forgive me.
Arthur: What's to forgive? I dreamed the dream of you. It was a sweet dream...... while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment